Sadaqah Jariyah Meaning
Sadaqah Jariyah means continuous, long-term charity, and it is under the Islamic legal category of waqf. It is one of the most rewarding Sadaqah. And in Sadaqah jariyah, Allah said the following verse:
“Indeed, it is We who bring the dead to life and record what they have put forth and what they left behind, and all things We have accounted for in a clear register.” (Qur’an, 36:12).
And the following Hadith gives us information that even after our death, Sadaqah Jariyah continues to benefit us:
On the authority of Abu Hurairah (RA) that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said, “When a person dies, his deeds come to an end except for three: Sadaqah Jariyah (a continuous charity), or knowledge from which benefit is gained, or a righteous child who prays for him.” (Muslim).
Examples About Sadaqah Jariyah
There are many projects you can make and counts as a Sadaqah Jariyah;
- Building homes.
- Building Schools.
- Building Hospitals.
- Building water wells.
- Building Orphanages.
- Building and creating farms from areas.
These projects have a significant positive impact on the community. However, the most critical Sadaqah Jariyah project is giving water; you can see its importance in the following Hadith:
Sa’d ibn Ubadah reported:
I said, “O Messenger Of Allah, My mother has died. Shall I give charity on her behalf?” The Prophet said, “Yes.” I said, “Which charity is the best?”, The Prophet said, “A drink of water.”.
And also, in another Hadith:
Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “The best charity is giving water to drink,”
So giving water is the greatest Sadaqah Jariyah.
Sadaqah Jariyah for Deceased Parents
Sadaqah Jariyah is the best thing you can do for deceased parents; there is a Hadith that explains to us how important Sadaqah Jariyah is for a dead person.
The Prophet ﷺ said:
“When a person dies, all his deeds come to an end except three: Sadaqah Jariyah (ongoing charity, e.g., a waqf or endowment), beneficial knowledge (which he has left behind), or a righteous child who will pray for him.” (Reported by al-Tirmidhi no. 1376).
Sadaqah Jariyah Water Well
Water is a basic necessity of life, and it is impossible to imagine life without clean water, but many people around the world are living without it.
Building water wells is one of the best charities that you do. Like Sadaqah Jariyah, you provide clean and healthy water to those in need, and it will continue so it can still be for generations because it lasts for years.
Sadaqah Jariyah for Someone Else
You can give your Sadaqah Jariyah to someone else, even if he is alive or not.
A man told the Prophet (saw) that his mother died a sudden death and did not have a chance to leave a legacy in her will and that was she could speak, she would want to donate to charity. He then asked if the reward of charity on behalf of his deceased mother would reach her, to which the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) replied, “Yes.” [Muslim]
Hadith About Sadaqah Jariyah And Quotes
Sadaqah Jariyah has been mentioned many times in the Quran and Hadith.
- “A charity is due for every joint in each person on every day the sun comes up: to act justly between two people is a charity; to help a man with his mount, lifting him onto it or hoisting up his belongings onto it, is a charity; a good word is a charity, and removing a harmful thing from the road is a charity.” (Al-Bukhari, Muslim).
- Muhammad, upon him, is peace, said: “Avoid doing injustice to others, for on the Day of Judgment, it will turn into manifold darkness, and safeguard yourself against miserliness, for it ruined those who were before you. It incited them to murder and treated the unlawful as lawful.” (Muslim).
- Muhammad, upon him, is peace, said: “When a man dies, his deeds come to an end except for three things: Sadaqah Jariyah (ceaseless charity); a knowledge which is beneficial, or a virtuous descendant who prays for him (for the deceased).” (Muslim).
Sadaqah Donation Online
You can donate your Sadaqah online to Islamic organizations worldwide.
Many organizations help you to give your Sadaqah to needy people.
And also you can provide your Sadaqah to Bonyan Organization by the website or by contacting them through their accounts on social media.
- Student Finance Of Childcare
- How Can The Local Economy Benefit From Refugees?
- Zakat On Cattles, Conditions And Rules
- Zakat Of Grains And Fruits
What is Sadaqah Jariyah?
Sadaqah Jariyah is a charity that lasts for a long term; it can last for years.
What Does Sadaqah Jariyah Mean?
Sadaqah Jariyah is a continuous charity, and it is under the Islamic legal category of waqf. It is one of the most rewarding Sadaqah.
What is the Difference Between Sadaqah and Sadaqah Jariyah?
Sadaqah is a short-term charity like feeding needy people; Sadaqah Jariyah is a long-term charity like building hospitals.
How to Do Sadaqah Jariyah?
You can do Sadaqah Jariyah by donating to charitable places like Islamic organizations or by yourself to do a long-term benefit project for poor people to benefit from, like; building a school.
Can you do Sadaqah on behalf of someone dead?
Sadaqah can be given on behalf of a deceased person.
It is recommended to give sadaqah regularly and to make a habit of giving sadaqah every time one earns rewards from Allah!