- Sadaqah Benefits
- u003cstrongu003eAre Zakat and Sadaqah Similar?u003c/strongu003e
- u003cstrongu003eWhich is The Best Sadaqah?u003c/strongu003e
- u003cstrongu003eHow Much Sadaqah Should be Given?u003c/strongu003e
- u003cstrongu003e What Is The Formula to Calculate Zakat?u003c/strongu003e
- u003cstrongu003eHow Do You Calculate 2.5 Zakat?u003c/strongu003e
- u003cstrongu003eHow Do You Calculate Zakat On Gold?u003c/strongu003e
Sadaqah has great importance, its impact on the giver, through which he obtains blessing in his money and an increase in his sustenance, the Prophet Muhammad – Peace Be Upon Him – said:
There is no day when people become but two angels who descend, and one of them says: Oh God, give the one who spends a successor, and the other says: Oh God, give hold damage.
And the following are the benefits of Sadaqah in this world:
- Paying affliction and curing diseases.
- Reason for stinging livelihood.
- Feeling the sweetness of faith.
- Erase sins.
Sadaqah Will Fulfill Your Needs
The effect of Sadaqah in this world is that it:
- Extinguish the wrath of Allah, for this person who commits sins when he repents, to combine it with almsgiving to God Almighty, will extinguish God’s wrath on him because of the many sins.
- Sadaqah repels calamities from the Muslim because the Muslim is exposed to many trials in his life, so the Muslim’s persistence in paying the charitable giving protects him from falling into these trials.
- Sadaqah softens hearts, purifies the soul, revives the conscience, makes people feel the pain of other people, and breaks the hardness of the heart.
- Sadaqah helps purify money, and blesses it, as the Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace, said “No money lacked from Sadaqah”.
Sadaqah Removes Sins
The Prophet (saw) said:
Sadaqah extinguishes the sins like water extinguishes a fire.
On the Day of Judgement, every person will be held accountable for their major and minor sins. Giving Sadaqah regularly is a simple way of helping to expiate any sins we have committed knowingly and unknowingly.
Sadaqah Will Be Your Shade on The Day of Judgment
On the Day of Judgement, the burning sun will be right above our heads and everyone will want to sit under the shade of Allah (SWT). The person who gives hidden charity is one of the seven who will be offered shade.
The Prophet (saw) said:
The believer’s shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah.
Sadaqah Closes the Doors of Evil
Once Prophet Muhammad (SWT) was sitting along with his companions. Meanwhile, a Jew (woodcutter) passed from there. He (SWT) saw him and told his companions that today he will be bitten by a snake and will die. In the evening, the companions of the Prophet (SWT) were shocked to see him. They straightly went to the prophet and asked him how his prediction got wronged? He (SWT) called the Jew and asked him to open up the bundle of chopped woods. As soon he opened the bundle a deadly snake came out from it. Then Prophet (SWT) interrogated from Jew about what special act he had done today? To its reply, Jew said I had not done anything special today except for I fed a hungry beggar today. Then Prophet Muhammad (SWT) said that the Jew was destined to die today but Allah increased his life because of his act of charity. He further added that charity closes seventy doors of evil and Allah said, ‘He asked Israel to spare one’s life, if he does charity, before the time of his death (Bukhari).
Sadaqah Trade with Allah
Giving something in the path of Allah purely for His pleasure and not to seek recognition and praise from others is the best trade a person can make in this world and hereafter. ‘Sadaqah removes sins of a person just as water extinguishes fire’ (Tirmidhi). Sadaqah not only removes worldly calamities but also ensures the best investment for the hereafter. Allah rewards the person at least seven hundred times greater than what he has spent in his path. As Quran says,
The example of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is like a seed of grain, which grows seven ears; in each ear is a hundred grains. And Allah multiplies His reward for whom He wills. And Allah is all-Encompassing and all-Knowing. [2:261]
Sadaqah Removes Illness
The Prophet (saw) said
Treat your sick ones with charity.
It is good to give Sadaqah when a loved one falls ill in order to help cure disease and avert ill fate. The Prophet (saw) also said that “Sadaqah appeases the Lord’s anger and averts an evil death.” (Tirmidhi)
u003cstrongu003eAre Zakat and Sadaqah Similar?u003c/strongu003e
Zakat is one of the Five Pillars of Islam and is an obligatory annual payment made to purify all wealth held above the Nisab threshold value. Sadaqah is not at all obligatory; it is simply a kind gesture made with the intention of helping others.
u003cstrongu003eWhich is The Best Sadaqah?u003c/strongu003e
According to some hadiths, u0022a kind word and smileu0022 can be considered Sadaqa and the best form of it is u0022passing on knowledge.u0022 Also, Muhammad said in a hadith that sadaqah removes seventy gates of evil.
u003cstrongu003eHow Much Sadaqah Should be Given?u003c/strongu003e
Sadaqah is given out of goodwill, and any amount can be given as an act of charity to anyone.
u003cstrongu003e What Is The Formula to Calculate Zakat?u003c/strongu003e
Your u003ca href=u0022https://bonyan.ngo/en/zakat-in-ramadan/u0022u003eZakatu003c/au003e donation should amount to 2.5% of your total wealth accumulated over the year.
u003cstrongu003eHow Do You Calculate 2.5 Zakat?u003c/strongu003e
To calculate Zakat now multiply 2.5% with the leftover amount: 2.5% x 12,000 USD = 300 USD is due for u003ca href=u0022https://bonyan.ngo/en/giving-zakat-to-refugees/u0022u003eZakat.u003c/au003e
u003cstrongu003eHow Do You Calculate Zakat On Gold?u003c/strongu003e
Gold price per gram US$ x 85 grams = Nisab.