Help Poor and Needy People
Helping poor and needy people is vital to strengthen the whole society. We raise the entire community as we provide support and a helping hand to those less fortunate than us.
Helping them lead a better life for themselves and their community later on in life. Helping the poor and needy is a duty of every Muslim to give Zakat and Sadaqah to the poor and needy as a part of the worship and pleasing Allah the Almighty.
Reason for Poverty
There are no specific reasons for poverty. However, we can see some reasons that might be helping poverty.
- Inequalities in income distribution.
- Access to productive resources.
- Basic social services.
- Unequal chances.
- Lack of education.
- Conflict and instability. And more other reasons.
Types of Poverty
There are multiple types of poverty:
- Absolute poverty:
Also known as extreme poverty or abject poverty, it involves the scarcity of basic food, clean water, health, shelter, education, and information.
- Relative Poverty:
It is the comparison of living standards to the economy of the population living in the surroundings.
- Situational Poverty:
This type of poverty is a temporary type, based on an adverse event like an environmental disaster, job loss, and severe health problems.
- Generational Poverty:
This type is handed over to individuals and families from one generation to another.
- Rural Poverty:
This exists in areas with fewer job opportunities, less access to services, less support for disabilities, and quality education opportunities, and it often occurs in rural areas with a population below 50,000.
- Urban Poverty:
It occurs in metropolitan areas with a population of over 50,000.
Here are some of the difficulties that the Urban poor face:
- Limited access to health and education.
- Inadequate housing and services.
- Violent and unhealthy environment because of overcrowding.
- Little or no social protection mechanism.
Solution of Poverty
According to Islam, poverty is a dangerous social problem because It is a potential threat to the peace and stability of society.
We can’t find a fast and direct solution to poverty until we start to avoid it slowly.
To avoid poverty, there are some ways to follow…
- Quality education.
- Access to healthcare.
- Water and sanitation.
- Economic security.
- Child participation.
The Difference Between Needy and Poor
According to some guidelines, poor in the economic sense means living in poverty (Not having enough money to live).
Needy in the economic sense means being unable to obtain the basic necessities of life (food, clothes, etc.).
Best Ways to Give and Help
The best way to help people is by giving them money. However, it’s not the only way to help.
You can help people in many other ways, like …
- Volunteering your time.
- Smiling to people.
- Teaching children.
- Donate to a Cause.
- Compliment Someone.
- Convivig work.
- Donate your second-hand stuff.
- Giving unused medicines.
Benefits of Helping Poor People
Helping people is not a charitable cause. It is also receiving. The way you give much, you receive much too, by helping poor people, there are 2 kinds of benefits.
Helping others can benefit your mental health and well-being.
Some studies show that helping others makes you live longer and feel happier and encourages you to give more; it creates a sense of belonging and reduces isolation.
By helping others, you can help all society eradicate poverty and achieve equality.
As for the people you help, they will know that there are good people who can help others facing poverty.
Online Donation to Help Poor People
You can help people by donating online to any organization you trust or by looking for organizations to where you want to donate your money.
Quotes About Helping the Poor and Needy
- Find out how much God has given you, and from it take what you need; the remainder is needed by others. Saint Augustine.
- Help others achieve their dreams, and you will achieve yours. Les Brown.
- Through our willingness to help others, we can learn to be happy rather than depressed. Gerald Jampolsky.
- Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth. Muhammad Ali.
- Everybody can be great because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve…. You don’t have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- People with lower incomes tend to give a greater percentage of their incomes to help others and show greater empathy and compassion – perhaps because they know they might face the same circumstances. Kavita Ramdas.
Giving Money Directly to the Poor
Giving money directly to poor people without a third party is the best way of giving. Because you can choose to whom you want to give money. And money is the best way to help because the poor person can use the money the way he wants.
Creative Ways to Help the Poor
To provide the key factors to help the poor people help themselves like:
- Educate them.
- Help them to find their passion.
- Help them to find a job they can earn money from it.
- Helping them educate people.
Organizations that Help the Poor
There are many organizations helping poor people, you can find an organization near to you to donate your money to them, or you can directly donate your cash money to Bonyan Organization which helps the poor and needy people and makes projects in disaster areas.
- Mobile Clinics, Reaching Hard-To-Reach Areas
- Refugee Health Service
- Psychosocial Support For Refugees
- Zakat On Minerals And Treasures
What is Called Helping Poor People?
Helping poor people is called Sadaqah.
What do you Call a Helpful Person?
The Quran addresses helping people as “Kind people.”
How do you Define a Poor Person?
A poor person lives in poverty (Not having enough money to live).
How Can We Help Poor Families?
There are many ways we can help poor families, like giving money or educating their children, or giving them something they need.
How to Stop Poverty?
By helping people.
Who is the Poorest Person?
The poorest person is someone who is unable to support themselves (by all means).
What are the 3 Types of Poverty?
– Situational poverty.
– Generational poverty.
– Absolute poverty.
Are Poor People Happy?
No, they aren’t.
Is it Okay to be Poor?
No, it isn’t.
Is it Bad to be Poor?
Yes. It is.
Do Poor People Pay Taxes?
They shouldn’t, but in some countries, poor people pay taxes.
Do Poor People Have More Kids?
They might have more kids. According to the health care system, they can reach into.
Does Poverty Affect Everyone?
Yes, it does.
Do the Poor Deserve to be Poor?
No one deserves to be poor.
Do the Poor get Poorer?
Yes. If they don’t have a stable money source.